Thursday, April 11, 2013

Since surgery...

Howdy y'all!

Well, I have learned a few things in the last 2 weeks. First of all, the mental part of this is pretty intense. It is very strange to never be hungry... to not be able to gulp down water when you are thirsty... to not be able to eat the healthy things you ate. For months. I can't have salad for 4 more months. I can't have fruit, like melon, for 3 months. Secondly, I have to find new ways to make things because the stuff that is recommended to eat is full of artificial bullshit and ingredients that I refuse to support if I can help it. I don't know if I am having difficulty with being excessively tired because I am actually eating crappier than I did before the surgery. So, like anything else it is a work in progress. Lastly, everyone told me I would be really tired for awhile after the surgery, but I am frickin' exhausted. All. The. Time. I will be excited when that part is over.

I have lost 25 pounds in 2 weeks. I am excited to be able to start exercising again. In two weeks, I am starting tennis lessons with Youngest Boy. We both need something that is outdoor exercise to do, so that seemed like a good place to start! I go out walking, as much as I can, but I am ready to CRANK IT UP. It feels so good to be down weight!! My knees don't hurt as much, my feet don't hurt, and I am excited to put the lighter me to WORK.

In the next post, I will show some recipes I have learned. That way, people don't have to stumble through my blog posts to find them. They would be good for people who haven't had the surgery too... :)

Gotta do a new vlog tonight too... so in the next few days, check out my You Tube channel if you haven't already... :) And subscribe. And share. I want everyone to see my journey!

Until next time, Hasta luego!
Michelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment