Friday, April 12, 2013

Recipes!!

For Day 1 through 3 post surgery, it was all clear liquids. The usual. Broth, jello, juice, water... I am willing to bet the little bit of tequila I slipped in my ice tea didn't count as a "clear liquid" but whatev!

Day 3-17, it is all liquid. I have learned a lot of things, like most sugar free packaged food is crap. I could have pudding too, and I used sugar free with lactose free milk, but this week I will be making my own with stevia. The amount of aspartame and GMO's in these prepackaged things is mind boggling. I am using Unjury protein shakes right now, because I need the high protein, but I will be switching to mostly It Works! PROFit shakes over the next week as I can add soft food.

Fruit Protein Shake
8 oz. Silk Fruit and Protein smoothie blend
Unjury Vanilla protein shake
2 scoops Greens

This gives me a good chunk of protein, enough carbs to not burn out, and some micronutrients in a manner my new tummy can handle.

Creamed Chicken Soup
2 oz chicken breast, cooked
6 oz veggie or chicken broth
2 Tbsp. half and half
salt and pepper to taste.

Take all of the items and put them in a blender... I use the Magic Bullet blender. Process to a smooth consistency, remove the blade, and put in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Heat for 1-2 more minutes until desired temperature.

Chocolate Almond Smoothie
6 oz. Silk Unsweetened Soy Milk
Unjury or PROFit Chocolate protein shake
1 Tbsp natural Almond Butter (I used Kettle brand)
1 ice cube

Put all items in order listed into Magic Bullet. Process until ice is blended and shake is frothy. Enjoy!

AM Legal Mocha
1 packet Organo Gold Black Coffee
12 oz. Silk Soy Milk
Unjury Chocolate protein shake (I've used the Vanilla too... tastes like a latte instead)

IN a 16 oz travel mug, prepare the OG coffee with 4 oz. hot water. (I use my Keurig.) Add 6 oz of the soy milk and stir. Add protein powder to cup and stir until dissolved. Top off with the rest of the soy milk. This makes a to-go cup that I drink on for about 2-3 hours. There is very little caffeine in the OG coffee, and it is slightly alkaline vs the traditional acidity of coffee. I get a little kick from the Ganoderma :)

Just today, I am at day 16 and I am adding the pureed type food. I got Earths Best Organics baby food, some Tillamook yogurt (no rBst!!), and some Darigold 2% cottage cheese (no rBst!!). I also got some Stoneyfield Vanilla yogurt to make smoothies with my protein powder, and I had a scrambled egg earlier. It was amazing!! LOL... ah... the simple things... I will post my stevia sweetened pudding recipe when I get it perfected... :)



If you have any low cal, high protein shakes to share that have no fruits or veggies in them... Please share in the comments! P.S. the vitamins I have to take because they are chewable are full of GMO's and aspartame!!! ARG! I can't wait until I can go back to my It's Vital. Soon. Very very soon. I actually think it is making me feel a little worse because I am an anomaly and I am getting less nutrition than I got before the surgery!!

Ciao!
Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment