Cranberry Pumpkin Gluten Free Muffins
2 cups Gluten Free Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose GF Flour)
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsps xanthan gum
1 tsp GF baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup softened butter (I used Organic Valley pastured butter, YUM!)
1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar (C&H pure cane... non-GMO)
2 eggs (from a local egg farm, just sayin')
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup organic pumpkin puree (Trader Joe's is the best price)
1/3 cup soy milk (you can also use regular, almond, or coconut...)
1 cup fresh cranberries (you can break them up a little with some sweetener if you find cranberries too tart on their own...)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 24 mini muffin or 12 regular sized muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to mix together GF flour, baking soda, xanthan gum, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt until well combined.
- In another bowl, use a mixer to cream the butter until its white and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat.
- Put aside the mixer and stir in the pumpkin puree with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in half the dry mix, then half the milk, then half the dry mix, and the other half of the milk.
- Stir in the cranberries.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins. Tap the tin to settle the mix.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
- Let cool... if you want it more like a cupcake, mix together powdered sugar and cream cheese to make a cream cheese icing for them :)
Enjoy! I put mine in individual freezer bags so I could grab one in the morning and it would be defrosted by afternoon snack!